Thursday, November 4, 2010

Starting Point



I made these globe-like things starting in Spring 2010 for something that ended up being a wearable art project. These have been the inspiration and interest of the majority of my work in sculpture this year. There is something about the shape and delicacy that I can't seem to shake. There is a nice mix of feminity, rigidity and delicacy as well as a mix between organic and geometric. All of these mixes lend themselves to create more formal sculpture, which I have also been more interested. For me, creating formal works of art allows the artist to just focus on the piece and what it is doing with the eye, rather than with the mind. It can create an aesthetic escape in a sense. Further on in the blog, you will see my attempts at resolving issues created with the want to use this same process as well as furthering these same formal ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment